What differentiates Journeyman from your other options? Here are a few Journeyman attributes:
- Expertise: Journeyman offers comprehensive, Wall Street investment-grade services to individual investors who do not enjoy “High Net Worth” status. Very few advisors, if any, devote Journeyman’s diligence to accounts less than $500,000 – but we do. We are here for you. And Journeyman’s founders, Mark and Bruce, have over 45 combined years of experience in the investment business.
- Best-in-Class Investments: Journeyman and our research advisors research over 600 mutual fund families and 15,000 potential Mutual Fund and Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) choices to find best-in-class investments – and we purchase institutional grade, low fee, no-load investment products, not available to the retail public.
- Pre-Eminent Research: Journeyman utilizes analytic research from pre-eminent investment research firms – TD Ameritrade, Morningstar, Standard & Poor’s, Argus Research, Charles Schwab, Ford Equity Research and others.
- Sophisticated Asset Allocation Models Put You in the Right Investments: Journeyman offers twelve (12) different asset allocation models customized for you, with a broad range of asset classes represented (e.g., large cap value, small cap growth, emerging markets, short-term fixed income or preferred stock funds, etc.) Our investment allocation models are designed for your long-term success. (See Tab F.)
- Active Management: Journeyman provides ongoing, active management of your account(s) – this means ensuring that there is no significant overlap in investments in the ETF’s and mutual funds you own; conducting quarterly reviews of your account to see if investment rebalancing is required; and modifying your investments as needed in order to accommodate changing circumstances in your life.
- Shared Goals: Journeyman’s founders own what you own. If it’s right for you, it’s right for us.
- Insurance: Journeyman provides a full array of insurance products — annuities, life, long-term care and disability insurance, as well as referrals to estate planning experts and similar legal and tax advisors.
- Best in class vendors: Client assets are held by a third-party custodian, TD Ameritrade, one of the largest financial services firms in the world. TD Ameritrade provides investment and trading services to nearly 6 million accounts that total more than $500 billion in assets. TD Ameritrade provides:
- powerful research and trading tools, with access to a vast array of equity, fixed income, ETF and mutual fund investment choices;
- clear, transparent and highly competitive RIA pricing; no platform fees, no share limits, no minimum trading requirements; no deposit opening minimums (we pass these benefits on to you);
- a large variety of commission-free investments (these benefits are also passed on to you); and
- the ability to invest independently of any restrictions or incentives that encourage a manager to “buy” in-house products for your accounts. We do not, and will never will, accept any direct or indirect benefits for “steering client” business.
- Online Account Access: You have 24/7 online access to your accounts, with standard username and password protection. You can open all typical types of accounts — cash management, non-qualified, IRA, trust and similar accounts. You receive monthly statements directly from TD Ameritrade. Transactions (cash transfers, etc.) are easy – TD Ameritrade’s operational platform is second to none.
- Security: Your money is secure – TD Ameritrade is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), which provides up to $500,000 of protection to securities in your account; and provides an additional $149.5 million in protection for each client through supplemental coverage provided by Lloyd’s of London.
- Outstanding Client Planning and Reporting: Journeyman hires Morningstar Managed Portfolios (the nation’s premier provider of mutual fund research and client performance reports), to provide you with a Client Wealth Management Investment Policy Statement, which is based on your responses to our Retirement Assessment Questionnaire. The Retirement Assessment Questionnaire organizes all your financial affairs in one convenient place for you and your heirs. You will also receive client-specific quarterly performance reports against your benchmarks. There is no additional charge for these services.
- Fiduciary Care and Loyalty: Journeyman is a fiduciary to you, not a broker. This is important – under the Investment Advisers Company Act of 1940, we are required by law to ensure that each investment recommendation we make is based on your best interest alone, not ours or anyone else’s.
- Mission: Our motto is our mission – “Investment Advocate for Union Workers.” We achieve your goals through Discipline, Integrity and Results.